We're hiring a UX Researcher
A UX Researcher at Bold Insight looks forward to learning from and contributing to insightful and creative teams. You will work side-by-side with your peers and client stakeholders to plan, manage, and execute research that will inform the design of exceptional user experiences. Previous exposure to behavioral research methods either in an academic setting or in industry is a must, as is the ability to translate data and observations into a compelling story that includes recommendations for design.
We work with a wide variety of products, and across most industries. As a UX Researcher at Bold Insight, you might conduct research with luxury vehicle owners to inform the design of next generation in-vehicle tech one week, and find yourself researching the online banking behavior of millennials to inform the redesign of a mobile app the next week. The products and interfaces we work with are varied, and we find that variation keeps us on our toes and learning!
Qualified candidates will be competent in some or all of the following areas, or will be committed to developing competence depending on experience level:
- Behavioral research design
- User-centered design principles
- Defining appropriate inclusion / exclusion criteria
- Converting inclusion / exclusion criteria into effective recruitment screeners
- Managing external recruiters
- Defining research lab requirements
- Managing external research facilities
- Designing and fielding surveys
- Moderating research sessions
- Capturing data during research sessions
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Summarizing research findings in meaningful, impactful deliverables (e.g. research reports). Office Suite proficiency a must.
- Communicating research findings to project team clearly
Master’s Degree in behavioral research preferred or comparable experience as a user experience researcher, human factors practitioner, cognitive engineer, information architect, or something similar.
UX Researcher (0-5 years’ experience)
Senior UX Researcher (6-10 years’ experience)