We’re looking for a Designer!
A Design Contractor at Bold Insight looks forward to learning from and contributing to insightful and creative teams. You will work closely with a senior designer to identify scope, timing, and approach prior to execution. This transparency is coupled with a very supportive team environment, a key component to our award-wining Bold culture.
We work with a wide variety of products across all industries. As a Design Contractor at Bold Insight, you might help to design medical device packaging to better support the needs of pharmacists one week and the next week produce a wireframe for an in-car infotainment system.
We are heavily involved in the healthcare space and therefore many of our projects relate to this industry. At Bold Insight, you could gain experience in wireframing, information architecture, content chunking, and some instructional writing for digital and printed instructions of a variety of medical devices.
The products and interfaces we research may be unique from each other, but ultimately, the goal is the same: to ensure that our clients deliver an experience their users will love; an experience that is safe, engaging, usable, useful, and satisfying. Your output at Bold Insight is a key component to achieving this goal!
Short-term contracts available!
While we are not hiring for full-time positions now, we are looking for an amazing designer to fill in some of our project gaps on a temporary basis. Many times, if contractors and our team decide there is a mutual fit, this becomes a full-time offer, so we are always open to that possibility!
Contractors at Bold Insight enjoy many of the perks as our team members, including:
• Exposure to diverse projects and experiences
• Generous work-from-home policy
• Invitation to participate in all team events and external activities
• Working with an incredibly collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team!
- Skilled in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Skilled in information architecture and wireframing
- Strong time management skills
- Be able to work well with others and take direction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to haves:
- Skilled in Photoshop, XD, Axure, and InVision
- Strong instructional writing skills
- Understanding of instructional design, both print and digital
- Understanding of 3D package design (e.g., medication cartons)
- Understanding of how to get files print-ready
- Familiarity with usability testing (in-person and remote), user research, and qualitative design processes
- Background in medical device or pharmaceutical space
- Understanding of FDA regulatory guidance as it relates to instructional design
- Able to work in a fast-moving environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize effectively
ExperienceBachelor’s degree in design / graphic design / fine art / computer science or similar. Please provide a portfolio and references.
If you think you’d be a great fit, please fill out an application.