We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher!
Senior UX Researcher
A Senior UX Researcher at Bold Insight looks forward to learning from and contributing to insightful and creative teams. You will work side-by-side with your peers and client stakeholders to plan, manage, and execute research that will inform the design of exceptional user experiences.
We work with a wide variety of products, across most industries. As a Senior UX Researcher at Bold Insight, you might conduct research with luxury vehicle owners to inform the design of next generation in-vehicle tech one week, and find yourself researching the online banking behavior of millennials to inform the redesign of a mobile app the next week. The products and interfaces we work with are varied and we find that variation keeps us on our toes and learning!
Benefits and perks
Our full-time team members enjoy many benefits and perks. Visit our Feeling Bold page to check them out!
Contractors at Bold Insight enjoy many perks including:
- Exposure to diverse projects and experiences
- Generous work-from-home policy
- Invitation to participate in all team events and external activities
- Working with an incredibly collaborative, inclusive, and supportive team!
Qualified Senior UX Researcher candidates will be competent in executing the various roles in a research project. They may lead scoping and proposal efforts, working directly with clients to recommend appropriate methods to achieve research objectives, and propose timelines and budgets in-line with those methods. They manage projects and project teams to ensure adherence to those budgets and timelines, as well as achievement of client objectives They may participate in networking events, lead internal initiatives, and direct and mentor other researchers and designers.
Qualified candidates will be competent in some or all of the following areas, or will be committed to developing competence depending on experience level:
- Behavioral research design
- User-centered design principles
- Defining appropriate inclusion / exclusion criteria
- Converting inclusion / exclusion criteria into effective recruitment screeners
- Managing external recruiters
- Defining research lab requirements
- Managing external research facilities
- Designing and fielding surveys
- Moderating research sessions
- Capturing data during research sessions
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Summarizing research findings in meaningful, impactful deliverables (e.g. research reports). Office Suite proficiency a must.
- Communicating research findings to project team clearly
Previous exposure to behavioral research methods either in an academic setting or in industry is a must, as is the ability to translate data and observations into a compelling story that includes recommendations for design.
Master’s Degree in behavioral research preferred or comparable experience as a user experience researcher, human factors practitioner, industrial engineer, cognitive engineer, information architect, or similar.
UX Researcher (6-10 years)
Currently we have both full-time and short-term contracts available! Many times, if contractors and our team decide there is a mutual fit, this becomes a full-time offer, so we are always open to that possibility!
Note: In the future, we hope to welcome candidates who require a VISA to work in the US, however, at this time we are targeting US citizens to fill available positions.