A UX Researcher at Bold Insight looks forward to learning from and contributing to insightful and creative teams. You will work side-by-side with your peers and client stakeholders to plan, manage, and execute research that will inform the design of exceptional user experiences. We conduct exploratory research to better understand use-related needs and inform the design of our clients’ products.
We work with a wide variety of products, and across most industries. As a UX Researcher at Bold Insight, you might conduct research with luxury vehicle owners to inform the design of next generation in-vehicle tech one week and find yourself researching the online banking behavior of millennials to inform the redesign of a mobile app the next week. The products and interfaces we work with are varied, and we find that variation keeps us on our toes and learning!
Our UX researchers are a part of all aspects of a research engagement:
- Help scope projects and recommend appropriate methods to achieve client objectives
- Moderate in-person or remote sessions
- Take notes and capture trends while observing sessions
- Collaborate with client stakeholders as you whiteboard research insights to build the foundation of design insights
- Analyze the research data to produce a deliverable that includes actionable recommendations for the direction or design of a product that impacts millions of users.
- Basically, you help plan, manage, and execute research that matters, surrounded by a team that supports you!
We provide ongoing, robust, certified training that fosters an environment of professional growth. This training starts from week 1! You hit the ground running with exposure to client work to understand our processes and approach with constant support from your colleagues! We are passionate about our collaborative and team-centered culture.
We know you will love working with us because WE love working with us! Based on employee input, our workplace culture was recognized externally by Inc. Magazine in 2020 and Crain’s Chicago Business in 2020 and 2021!
Previous exposure to behavioral research methods either in an academic setting or in industry is preferred, as is the ability to translate data and observations into a compelling story that includes recommendations for design.
Qualified candidates will be competent in some or all of the following areas, or will be committed to developing competence depending on experience level:
- Behavioral research design
- User-centered design principles
- Defining appropriate inclusion / exclusion criteria
- Converting inclusion / exclusion criteria into effective recruitment screeners
- Managing external recruiters
- Defining research lab requirements
- Managing external research facilities
- Designing and fielding surveys
- Moderating research sessions
- Capturing data during research sessions
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data
- Summarizing research findings in meaningful, impactful deliverables (e.g. research reports). Office Suite proficiency a must.
- Communicating research findings to project team clearly
We are a hybrid workplace. This is a full-time position flexibly based out of our Downers Grove or Chicago loop location. For the right candidate we would be open to fully remote. Our research takes us all over the country, and sometimes all over the world! You must be willing to travel and conduct in-person research.
Master’s Degree in behavioral research or comparable experience as a user experience researcher, human factors practitioner, industrial engineer, cognitive engineer, information architect, or something similar is preferred.
UX Researcher (0-5 years)
Currently we have both full-time employee and short-term contracts available! Many times, if contractors and our team decide there is a mutual fit, this becomes a full-time offer, so we are always open to that possibility!
Benefits and perks
All of our team members, both contract and full-time, enjoy many benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive salary
- Employer-subsidized travel perks
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion best practices incorporated into all organizational workstreams
- New hire Friendtor program
- Home office equipment & supplies
- Telecom reimbursement
- Team events
Working in our corporate office? We have a lot of fun in our casual, laid-back offices! Whether you’re primarily on-site or occasionally stopping by, you’ll enjoy even more benefits, including:
- Free snacks and drinks
- Office dogs
- Happy hours and in-person team events
- Espresso machines, need we say more?
- Choice of medical insurance programs (PPO, HSA & HMO)
- Dental and vision insurance plans
- Short- and long-term disability, life, AD&D
- Pet insurance
- Potential for employee ownership
- 401K matching
- [Beginning Jan 1, 2023] 100% employer-paid health insurance (dental and vision included) for full-time employees, 50% employer-paid for spouse/dependents
- Monthly bonus plan
- Loyalty bonuses, including an every 5-year travel perk — take a vacation on us!
- Philanthropy hours
- Industry-leading parental leave policy
- Conference attendance & professional development
- Holiday office closure, generous PTO, paid holidays, personal, and sick time
Think you’re a good fit?
All visitors are required to wear a mask while in our offices and labs. Due to vaccine requirements by some of our clients and vendors, employees and contractors must provide vaccination status to human resources. This includes proof of vaccination or medical or religious exemption (if applicable).
Note: In the future, we hope to welcome candidates who require a VISA to work in the US, however, at this time we are targeting US citizens to fill available positions.
We work in virtually every industry across hundreds of products.
With a mentorship-model training program, we support your short and long-term career goals.
Incredibly collaborative and supportive team and fun and casual work environment.
A friendly face to help you through virtual onboarding and beyond!