Discover how leading experts at CES 2024 navigated the complex landscape of AI innovation and risk governance, offering invaluable insights into launching AI products responsibly amidst evolving regulations.
Back to team page
Korey has over 15 years of experience in UX and HF research. With a background in both automotive UX (improving the design of vehicle cockpits and in-vehicle systems) and, over the past 10+ years, a strong focus on medical device human factors, he offers clients cross-industry expertise with a critical understanding of working with regulated spaces. Korey has a passion for making medical devices safer and more effective through the application of HFE/UE, and also for establishing and maintaining an organizational culture that supports the development of expert HF practitioners – both of which are central to the mission of Bold Insight.
During graduate school he applied the principles of human factors engineering to the problem of user authentication, creating a novel graphical authentication mechanism for which he holds a patent. Korey is a contributing author to industry standards, regularly speaks at national and international conferences, and has an MS in Human Factors Psychology from the University of Idaho.
Learn more about
Something unique about you summed up in one sentence
Your favorite part of working at Bold Insight
In your spare time (or if you had spare time), you would absolutely do this:
How long have you been in the UX field?
You cannot start the day without doing this…
Your ultimate celebrity dinner party guest list would include:
Long-term personal or professional goal?
Any other facts to share?
- Yale University to feature Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson as human factors expert
- Patient Safety & Quality Healthcare Podcast hosts Bold Insight to discuss medical device safety and effectiveness
- Bold Insight featured in Healthcare Business Today highlighting the impact of user research to yield better healthcare product experiences
- Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson shares ways to boost patient confidence through device design with HIT Consultant
- Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson featured in MedTech Intelligence
- How collaboration builds value in medical device human factors research
- Bold Insight to present on IFU design, digital telemetry, and other human factors topics at HFES Healthcare Symposium
- Why logistics are important: 4 considerations for planning global research
- Two tips for successfully preparing research materials for global studies
- How to prepare products for global research
- Bold Insight to showcase digital IFU design, remote testing, global research expertise at virtual human factors health care conference
- Webisode: Possible impact if in-person human factors research is not considered essential
- Human factors research in the times of COVID
- Bold Insight to showcase digital IFU design, global research expertise at human factors health care conference
- Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson featured in AAMI’s latest BI&T journal focusing on early use-related research for medical devices
- 7 insights from the 2019 HFES Health Care Symposium
- Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson co-presents human factors training to members of FDA’s DMEPA
- Recruiting methods and study logistics for human factors and user research
- FDA’s digital health precertification program emphasizes importance of post-market surveillance
- 5 takeaways for human factors practitioners from the HFES Health Care Symposium FDA workshops
- Bold Insight’s Korey Johnson chairs usability session at HFES Health Care Symposium
- In-vehicle UX research: Here's one recommendation that hasn't changed in 10 years
- The time for a better UX in digital therapeutics is now
Read our team’s latest bold insights
Our CUI expert discusses the complexities of evaluating and improving UX in conversational AI, focusing on factors like personality, context, and conversation flow.
2024 is forecasted to be a crucial inflection point for AI, marking the third wave of transformative technologies. Here, we break down learnings on GenAI from our visit to the Consumer Electronics Show.
Successful participant onboarding is a crucial step in running a diary study. Read on for five steps for effective onboarding: establishing processes, internal testing, progress tracking, time allocation, and consideration of global factors.