A summary of the day’s research findings helps teams to stay aligned, drives report outcomes, and ensures stakeholder goals are top of mind.
Back to team page
Bob has more than 25 years of experience in UX research. He co-owned User Centric, the largest UX firm in the US, and founded the first international network of UX consulting firms, which has grown to 25 countries. With a passion for global testing, Bob edited The Handbook of Global User Research and is the co-author of the recently published AI and UX: Why Artificial Intelligence Needs User Experience.He lectures frequently on the latest trends in UX research. Bob holds a PhD in Cognitive and Experimental Psychology from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
Learn more about
Something unique about you summed up in one sentence:
Your favorite part of working at Bold Insight:
In your spare time you would absolutely do this:
How long have you been in the UX field?
Your favorite city in the world is...and why?
Your ultimate celebrity dinner party guest list would include:
Long-term personal or professional goal?
Any other facts to share?
- Bold Insight to present findings from global study on AI tools at UX Masterclass
- Generative AI in UX research: what are the risks and rewards?
- Bold Insight’s Bob Schumacher to present on AI and UX at HCID Conference
- Bold Insight to present about the power of combining UX and market research at London conference
- Bold Insight to present on inclusivity and older adults
- Four ways the pandemic has permanently changed UX research
- Bold Insight co-sponsors DePaul University grant program that bridges AI and UX
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher to present at UX Masterclass
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher share global user research lessons learned during UXinsight Festival
- Ageism and technology UX: Designing for seniors
- Bold Insight presents on AI and remote testing at UX Masterclass
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher release book on artificial intelligence and user experience
- Will participants show for fieldwork?
- Bold Insight’s Robert Schumacher presents to University of Illinois about careers in UX research
- Is a product still usable if the user has to "get used to it?"
- 6 UX trends for 2019
- Is customer channel-hopping hiding UX problems?
- Confirmation Fatigue: Enough with the reminders already!
- Bold Insight team presents on voice interface design and artificial intelligence at UX Masterclass Milan
- Webisode: Global user research -- where to start
- Webisode: Global user research -- things to think about
- Webisode: Why invest in global user research?
- Designing for Voice: The next phase of UX design
Read our team’s latest bold insights
Bold Insight launched a global AI study in March 2023 that included: 24 multilingual interviews conducted with UX researchers in 19 countries, spanning 22 languages. 27 interviews in English with global UX researchers representing 24 countries. Our global study led us...
Speech technology helps UX researchers bridge linguistic and cultural barriers. Effective use, however, depends on balancing the roles of humans and tech.
Generative AI can speed up repetitive research tasks, but it’s still hard to trust each output. Our global AI study measures the concrete impact.