2024 is forecasted to be a crucial inflection point for AI, marking the third wave of transformative technologies. Here, we break down learnings on GenAI from our visit to the Consumer Electronics Show.
Back to team page
Gavin has 25 years of experience in corporate and academic environments. He founded what grew to be the largest UX firm in the US. After selling the company, he continued to lead the North American UX team to become one of the most profitable business units of the parent organization. Faculty member of the Feinberg School of Medicine, Division of General Internal Medicine/Geriatrics, he provides UX expertise in electronic health records and health technology and consults on research methods for Northwestern studies. He is a frequent presenter at national and international conferences and the inventor of several patents. Gavin is currently co-authoring a book on artificial intelligence (AI) and UX. He is an adjunct professor at DePaul and Northwestern Universities. Gavin has a MA in Experimental Psychology from Loyola University.
Learn more about
Something unique about you summed up in one sentence
Your favorite part of working at Bold Insight
In your spare time (or if you had spare time), you would absolutely do this:
How long have you been in the UX field?
You cannot start the day without doing this...
Your ultimate celebrity dinner party guest list would include:
Long-term personal or professional goal?
Any other facts to share?
- UX Institute interviews Bold Insight about the impact of AI on product experiences
- Bold Insight to present on AI and UX at UX STRAT conference
- Bold Insight to present at 2022 UX Masterclass
- Bold Insight to present on IFU design, digital telemetry, and other human factors topics at HFES Healthcare Symposium
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to discuss UX researcher hiring strategies
- Bold Insight co-sponsors DePaul University grant program that bridges AI and UX
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher to present at UX Masterclass
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to present on UX research and accessibility
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher share global user research lessons learned during UXinsight Festival
- Bold Insight presents on AI and remote testing at UX Masterclass
- Bold Insight’s Lew and Schumacher release book on artificial intelligence and user experience
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew talks AI user design in MedTech podcast
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to present at Intellus Worldwide Fall vForum
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew talks about the relationship of UX and artificial intelligence at Intellus Worldwide Summit
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew talks about humanizing experiences with artificial intelligence at Intellus Worldwide event
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to highlight medical devices and human factors at Intellus Worldwide Summit
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew presents on artificial intelligence technology at the International Home and Housewares Show
- Bold Insight’s Robert Schumacher presents to University of Illinois about careers in UX research
- A Bold year to remember!
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to present at Money 2020
- The critical component missing from AI technology
- Bold Insight’s Gavin Lew to present on artificial intelligence and user experience at Chicago AI Days preview event
- Just in time for the Super Bowl - A football metaphor for UX research and design
Read our team’s latest bold insights
Successful participant onboarding is a crucial step in running a diary study. Read on for five steps for effective onboarding: establishing processes, internal testing, progress tracking, time allocation, and consideration of global factors.
Insights from CES 2024 highlight AI-driven changes in the automotive sales experience: customer-centric strategies, opportunities for personalization, and evolving business models reshaping the industry.
At the 2024 CES, it was clear the demand for an unparalleled in-car experience is igniting a revolution, reshaping the way humans perceive and interact with vehicles. We gathered 6 takeaways from the conference for delivering the next gen experience in auto infotainment.